Online Ratio Calculator

Online Web Code Test | Online Image Picker | Online Color Picker

Ratio Calculator

Simplify ratio calculator.

Ratio calculator

Enter ratio or screen resolution and press the calculate button.

Enter ratio:

Here we discuss list of online math calculators that help us for doing calculation easily.

Ratio Calculator

Ratio Calculator is a free online tool that displays the simplified ratio for the given numbers. Online ratio calculator tool makes the calculation faster, and it displays the simplified ratio in a fraction of seconds.

How to Use the Ratio Calculator?

The procedure to use the ratio calculator is as follows:

1. Enter the x and y value in the respective input field

2. Now click the button “Solve” to get the simplified form

3. Finally, the simplified ratio will be displayed in the output field

The ratio calculator performs three types of operations and shows the steps to solve:

1. Simplify ratios or create an equivalent ratio when one side of the ratio is empty.

2. Solve ratios for the one missing value when comparing ratios or proportions.

3. Compare ratios and evaluate as true or false to answer whether ratios or fractions are equivalent.

The ratio calculator will accept integers, decimals and scientific e notation with a limit of 15 characters.

What is Meant by Ratio?

In mathematics, the ratio is used to define the relative size of two objects. The ratio can be expressed in many ways. It can be expressed by using the symbols “:” or “/”. Even decimal and percentages are also used to define ratio. For example, in a class, there are 3 boys and 1 girl.

The different forms to express the above example are:

1: 3 (for every one girl, there are 3 boys)

¼ are girls, ¾ are boys

0.25 are girls (It means remaining 0.75 are boys)

25% are girls (It means remaining 75% are boys)

How to do ratios

A ratio is made up of two parts, the same as how a fraction is made up of two parts. There is the numerator (the top number of the fraction) and the denominator (the bottom number of the fraction). For example, suppose there is a pie cut into eight slices and three of the eight slices have been eaten. If we want to know the ratio of slices eaten compared to the entire pie, then we have to put the number eaten as the numerator and the total number of pieces as the denominator; 3/8. That is the most basic of ratios since no simplification is involved.

How to find a ratio

Suppose we have the same ratio of 3/8 but we want to scale it up to a larger, equivalent ratio with a denominator of 72. The way to do this is to set up a proportion, which is two ratios equal to each other and solve for the missing part. This is done as follows:

1. Write both ratios in terms of fractions, labeling the missing part with an x

2. Set the fractions equal to each other, forming a proportion.

3. Use the process of cross multiplication to isolate the variable.

4. Solve for the variable.

5. Use the ratio calculator to check your answer.

In the above example, the steps would look as follows:

3/8 = x/72

8 * x = 72 * 3

8x = 216

x = 27

For more complex ratios involving larger numbers or decimals, the ratio calculator is much more convenient to use. The proportion calculator, which does the same thing, may also be used to solve problems such as the one above.

Online Math Calculators

Online Web Code Test | Online Image Picker | Online Color Picker