Subtracting fractions calculator
Subtracting fractions calculator online.
Enter fractions and press the = button.
Enter simple fractions with slash (/).
For example: 1/2 - 1/3
Enter mixed numbers with space.
For example: 2 1/2 - 1 1/3
Here we discuss list of online math calculators that help us for doing calculation easily.
Subtracting Fractions Calculator is a free online tool that displays the difference value of two fractions. Online subtracting fractions calculator tool performs the calculation faster, and it displays the difference in a fraction of seconds.
How to Use the Subtracting Mixed Fractions Calculator?
The procedure to use the subtracting mixed fractions calculator is as follows:
1. Enter the two mixed fraction values in the respective input field
2. Now click the button “Solve” to get the difference value
3. Finally, the difference value will be displayed in the output field
What is Meant by the Subtracting Fractions?
In Mathematics, a mixed fraction is one of the types of fractions, and it is the combination of a whole number and a fractional number. For example, 2 ⅓ is a mixed fraction. Here, 2 is a whole number, and ⅓ is a fractional number. The arithmetic operations that can be performed on the mixed numbers are the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The subtraction of the mixed fraction is performed as follows:
Fractions with Same Denominator Values:
1. Convert the mixed fractions into an improper fraction.
2. Keep the denominator common and subtract the numerator.
3. Simplify the fraction if possible or convert the improper fraction into a mixed fraction.
Fractions with Different Denominator Values:
1. Convert the given mixed fraction to an improper fraction.
2. Find the LCM of the denominator values.
3. Multiply the numerator and denominator values by a number such that the fractions should have the LCM value as the new denominator.
4. Now, keep the denominator common and subtract the numerator values.
5. Simplify the fractions or convert into a mixed number.